Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quick Gun Capsicum




I woke up today morning and was in a hurry. As usual ,I was thinking what to pack for lunch and was clearly not interested in buying oily food from the office cafeteria. I remembered a lonely piece of capsicum in the veg tub in the fridge and thought will cook up something fast. That’s a pro on this nutritional vegetable, native to America. You can prepare it very quick and with the right spices it’s really tasty.

Since I had just 1 with me ,I added tomatoes too. In warm olive oil,put half an onion and small green chilli chopped. Add a pinch of turmeric and mix well. Put the capsicum first and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes,mix ,cover and cook for 5-6 minutes till Capsi is done. I experimented with basil leaves coz that’s my fascination for this week. The aroma just made me wanna buy this also beautiful looking leaves from Namdhari’s, known for it’s good collection of herbs.

Can’t believe I got it done in 20 minutes. Will not miss the bus today ! :-)

Since you saved up on time and can timepass check out what some pics can say in more than 1000 words.


I'm travelling...I mean right in my kitchen!! Taste popular dishes from around the globe 

No comments:

Post a Comment